CarPlay Gps inaccurate
Jburroff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased basic model 2019 Acura MDX. While using any gps app though apple CarPlay the location is completely inaccurate.  Unplugged from the car all gps locations are accurate. Same exact issue with my droid. I took the car to Acura and they tried recreating the malfunction with other providers including AT&T, and the only time it malfunctioned was with the phone with Verizon as the carrier. Acura says Verizon has compatibility issues with CarPlay systems.  I’ve ruled out the phone and the data cord. Acura ruled out the car and now by demonstrating that the malfunction only occurred with phones with Verizon as a provider, they have proven it is an issue on your end. Please let me know how you are addressing this. I cannot be the only one with this problem.  And it’s easier to replace a provider than the car! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CarPlay Gps inaccurate
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm curious how you ruled out the phone. Did you remove the SIM card and insert a SIM card from another cellular provider to see if Apple CarPlay worked correctly with your phone? If not, I'm not sure how you could have ruled out the phone. Did you try using the iPhone in other cars(Acura and other manufacturers) with Apple CarPlay installed. Did you try deleting and then reinstalling the navigation app(s) you are using? There may be a miscommunication between CarPlay and the navigation app which may be fixed with a clean install.

0 Likes