Data Drops Randomly
vrsh90
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I open an app (it’s random not always the same apps) my data suddenly turns off. When I exit out of the app it comes back on but when I go to open it again it turns off. I restart my phone works again but then it eventually happens again. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggested solutions? My phone isn’t damaged. It’s in good condition and this problem just recently started. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Drops Randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to resolve this, vrsh90. How often does this happen to your device? Does it happen with all apps, or only certain applications? Were any updates, or new applications installed before this started happening? What kind of phone do you have?

JavierMD_VZW

vrsh90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response. This is an iPhone 7 and the apps are random. It has happened with all the main apps I use (maps, safari, chrome, social media apps, amazon, clothing store apps). It happens multiple times a day. I restart my phone or restart my network settings to get it working again, this only works for a short time before I have to restart my phone again. Just on Sunday I had to restart my phone over 10 times. I made no recent updates when this first started happening. When I first started to experience the problem I updated two of my apps but the problem persisted so I left the updates alone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

some apps have a lot of graphics, adds, contact lists take a lot of resources to open & are affected if other high resource apps are already open.

5-12mbps is about the best you'll see from the network & it has to provide bandwidth for everything you do.

0 Likes
vrsh90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure if that is what the issue is since this is the first time this has happened, your response seems more applicable if this has been a constant issue and not one that just started with no changes on my part. I also rarely have more than two apps open at the same time-- recognize there is background app refresh but again this is a new problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, so we can continue working on this for you. Is this a 3 rd party application? Have you tried to reset the network settings on the device? If not, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Let me know if you notice a difference with the device.  ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
vrsh90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have to reset my network settings every time my data drops so it can start working again. I have to do this multiple times a day because it happens frequently. This happens with multiple apps both 3rd party and the iPhone apps. This has been going on for almost a week now. I brought it into the store on Tuesday, 21 May and they made some "updates". After that I did not experience any problems for the rest of the day but the day after it started happening again. Not sure what to do at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vrsh90, thank you for the additional information. We would like to check some settings and try more steps. You mentioned the store completed some updates. Are all the apps up to date as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206714/. Please go to settings, select cellular and scroll down. Is cellular data on for each app in that section?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
vrsh90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I already did this when the problem first started happening. That did not solve the issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for giving that shot. Let's keep moving forward, so we can get this resolved as quickly as possible. We want you to make sure your Roaming for Voice and Data is enabled as well as your LTE for Voice and Data is checked. Please follow steps in this link and you will find both of those settings in your Cellular Data Options:  http://spr.ly/6602ElShA.  TinaN_VZW

0 Likes