Deceptive Iphone offers
ELBRET
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who else is frustrated with Verizon? Went to take advantage of Iphone 7 for $10/month that was supposed to run until end of today but they stopped the promotion and had to pay regular price. It was still offered on the web site intro page earlier today but I couldn't get the order to go through. Verizon you should make things right for all the people that tried to take advantage of this offer.

Labels (1)
Re: Deceptive Iphone offers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the best deal possible, hands down ELBRET! In order to review options for your account and help alleviate some frustration, please reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-922-0204. We have representatives standing by who will be happy to help.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have a link or a copy that it is available today?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone isn't in the deal anymore but it looks like expiration time is about 1 day remaining for the deals on the phones available for the $10 per month with bill credit. Deals On Cell Phones, Tablets & Accessories | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

My understanding is that it ended for the iPhone on the 21st (at least that's what I was verbally told in-store although I wasn't looking for that deal). I didn't see that offer earlier today for the iPhone...just the one where you can get it for $0 with trade-in that's been showing on the site for at least the last few days. Not sure if you will be able to get them to give you the deal you're referring to but it doesn't hurt to ask. You would have to talk directly to Verizon though. Were you not eligible to take advantage of the $0 deal with trade-in?

0 Likes
ELBRET
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Iphone was included in the same offer as the other phones and was to end at the same time

0 Likes
ELBRET
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to talk with someone on chat and she was unable to do anything to help me. I wanted to see if you could extend the offer since I wanted to wait because it was a Christmas present and I didn't want to disrupt my son's service.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well apparently it didn't end at the same time and the deal is gone now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It was included but I never saw anything that implied it was to end at the same time. A different iPhone offer was available before the end of the promo for the other devices so it seems pretty safe to assume that the end date for the iPhone was not the same. Unless you have something that shows the actual end date...but ultimately the offer is over. You never answered if you were not eligible for the $0 offer which was better than the reduced price offer (unless you didn't have a device to trade in that was eligible of course). Honestly there may not be anything that can or will be done about your situation now.

0 Likes
ERICVERIZON77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elbert, THANK YOU for posting this.  I was literally going to post the EXACT SAME complaint but couldn't until today because I was waiting for my acct to be approved for the verizon community.  I visited a Verizon store on the 19th or 20th of this month.  I was told by the verizon rep that the $10/mo phone deal was offered until the 24th.  I also confirmed this date with a verizon rep over the phone.  Verizon had 4 deals I was interested in.  $10/mo for iphone 7, $15/mo for iphone 7 plus, $10/mo for galaxy s7, $10/mo for google pixel.  As an example the iphone 7 cost about $27.08 per month but Verizon was going to give a $17.08 bill credit per month for 24 months hence the phone would only cost $10/mo.  The deal was similar for the other phones.  This was supposed to be the BIG GIFT my kids were getting for xmas and because of this I wanted to surprise them.  I couldn't purchase the phones on 12/19 or 12/20 because the lines would be transferred and the surprise would be ruined so I was told to come back on the 22nd (that Friday) to purchase the phones.  As you are aware Elbert Verizon pulled the rug out from under us and without warning pulled the plug on that deal on 12/21!!!!  THANKS A LOT VERIZON!  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!!  I was relying on that deal and to pull the plug on it without warning is NOT COOL!  I'm sure you ruined many Christmases with that [Removed] including mine.  Not to mention when I learned of this I called Verizon and the rep blamed the incident on Apple only to learn later that it wasn't Apple's doing, it was VERIZON!!! I was planning on buying 2 iphone 7's, 1 iphone 7 plus and one galaxy s7.  I was forced to by 3 iphone 7 pluses for my wife and kids because it was cheaper to buy them than the iphone 7 ($200 credit each once $10/mo deal was gone) otherwise I would have had no presents for my wife and kids.  THANKS A LOT!  If you want to keep my business I am requesting you credit my bills the difference I lost or send me the phones and deal I wanted to begin with.  This is BAD BUSINESS and especially [Removed] to do around the holidays. Your timing couldn't have been any worse.  If you don't correct this problem I will be taking my business elsewhere.

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes