Deleting email from my phone
SYDKATRIV1

When I delete email from my phone, these do not get deleted when I view my email through the Verizon website. I have to delete the same ones again. How do I adjust the settings so I can delete an email only once?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting email from my phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? How is the email account setup on the phone? Pop3, IMAP or Exchange?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SYDKATRIV1

iPhone 7 is the model. It’s a Verizon email account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Verizon.net email type accounts, you should verify the mobile server settings on the Verizon Residential landline service site.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your email accounts sync across devices is always important, SYDKATRIV1. Ann154 is on the right track with the server settings for the email address. Let's get this figured out. Has this worked properly before? Has there been any recent changes?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SYDKATRIV1

Thank you for your responses. Per Ann154, settings on the iPhone were verified to sync with Verizon email server. Unfortunately, the problem with deleting emails was not resolved. Email server still retained the deleted emails. Verizon rep walked through the settings and concluded that the iPhone and email server were not linked. VZ rep recommended next level of Verizon tech support to contact. A reset on the Verizon side may have to be done.

SYDKATRIV1

0 Likes