Disable voicemail transcription
SunDevilR

The iOS 11.2.5 voicemail transcription is essentially useless, and a major annoyance.  Since Apple thinks all users love it, and that we all need it, they offer no easy way to disable this busted feature.  Changing Siri to UK English works, however that does totally disable Siri (my faux UK accent doesn't fool Siri). 

As an alternative, somebody on the Apple support forum seemed to think that Verizon could disable it.  Is that so?  If Verizon could disable it, then I could return Siri to the limited functionality the thing is good for while still avoiding the hassled of transcription that fails 98 times out of 100.

Any help here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disable voicemail transcription
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SunDevilR, 

Having full use of the features on your phone is extremely important, so we understand that having to find a workaround to use your phone is an inconvenience. The iOS voicemail transcription is offered directly through Apple and it cannot be disabled. It's a feature that's embedded in the voicemail itself. However, it shouldn't cause any interference in you using voicemail service on your device. If the transcription is causing trouble, we recommend reaching out to Apple directly as they'll be able to troubleshoot what's going on.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes