Disappointed Iphone 7 $10 promotion
WENBUR79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am really disappointed in the cancelled Iphone promotion. It was my intent for my husband and I to upgrade our phones to the I Phone 7 during the $10 promotion. Well to my disappointment I was unable to do so. When I called and spoke with the verizon rep over the phone she assured me that the promotion was still available. Because I wanted to be able to purchase and activated the phone that day I told the rep that I would go in a Verizon store and complete the order. The rep told me that if I changed my mind and wasn't in a rush to get the phone,I could call back and order with her and I should have it by the following Monday. She also sent me a text with her contact info to get back in touch with her If I decided to place the order over the phone. About an hour later I decided to go ahead and place the order, so I texted the  1st rep back and told her I was ready to place the order. Needless to say I never did get a response, so I ended up calling back. When I spoke with the 2nd rep on the phone this time I was told that that promotion had ended the night before, I told the 2nd rep I had just spoken with a previous rep an hour before and she said the promotion was still on.  When I asked could they honor promotion because I had been given the wrong information he insisted that there was nothing that he could do. Disappointed I ended the call.  I called back a 3rd time and spoke with a 3rd rep about the prochess of cancelling my service, when she inquired why, I told her my situation. After looking in her computer the 3rd rep said that the promotion was still available, so I explained to her that the 2nd rep said that the promotion was still available on certain phones, but not the Iphone 7 any more. She attempted to put in a mock order to see if the promotion would still process, and it would not go through. After speaking with the reps I explained the situation to my husband. That afternoon he also called Verizon and was given incorrect information on 2 different ocassions. One of the reps he spoke to offered to take off $200 of the price of the phone, but that would still leave a monthly charg of over $18.00+ dollars a month, why would I want to do that when I could pay $10. After 2 days of talking with several different reps and supervisors we were unable to receive the promotion. I think that the most disappoint thing in this whole situation is that after being a faithful customer for over 16+ years we were treated so poorly and as if being a loyal customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed Iphone 7 $10 promotion
Weth
Legend

Everyone knows this time of year has time limited special deals. If one doesn't know to jump on something right away, you cannot blame anyone else.  As general rule, Verizon deals can end at any time.  When you see it, grab it.  

WENBUR79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can understand that promotions are limited, but when I call to inquire about a promotion I would at least like to receive the right information. When I am getting conflicting information from different reps that work for a company there is a disconnect there!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Often the employees have no idea when promotions are starting or ending.

0 Likes
WENBUR79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well if that's the case then they should be upfront and don't offer a promotion that isn't available.

0 Likes
snayh
Enthusiast - Level 2

When the employees don't know what's going on, neither do the customers. I had a similar experience trying to purchase an iphone and found every employee trying to steer me in different directions without being able to answer questions about the promotions and pricing. It seems as though there is a serious disconnect between verizon's corporate and their employees that needs to be addressed. The alarming thing to me is I used to work at a Golfsmith last summer and they suffered from that same disconnect between corporate and retail- right before they went out of business.