Dropped calls on wifi calling on Verizon
Recker5

I have an Iphone 7 plus with the latest Apple update. I continue to have problems with calls being dropped when I am home and have turned on WIFI called.  I have 1 bar on my verizon service and so I use WIFI calling to make calls at home.  I can make a call that lasts about 2-3 minutes and then I get the "Call Failed" sign.  I have reset my phone many times and I still have the problem.  I noticed a few more people on this discussion have the same problem but I dont see any resolution of the problem.  Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to resolve the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls on wifi calling on Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, Recker5. We know how frustrating it can be when your calls continue to be dropped. Has this happened before? Are you having this issue only in your home?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
KDLW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not the original poster but am having the same exact problem.  WiFi calling worked great until a few months ago.   My husband and I both have iPhone 8s with the same issue.  My wife is great.   I can use zoom with audio and video all day with no issues. What changed with Verizon phones to cause this?

0 Likes
Airman720

I have seen similar issues happen before "older" model iPhones, more specifically with 6's and 7's. There is a known antenna issue with certain models, and I fear that it may have reared its ugly head with your particular device. Consider taking it to Apple or a Geek Squad location to see if they can run a diagnostic on it to see if it is indeed a hardware issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I rely on Wi-Fi calling at home on occasion myself, KDLW. I am glad to hear that your Wi-Fi is working well. Let's see if we can figure this out. What changed with your phones prior to this issue starting? What does your service indicator show in the notification bar on your phones?

0 Likes