How do i pair my iphone 7 to my VW EOS?
HLEE12000
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iphone 7 does not pair with my VW EOS. I get the message "connection not possible"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do i pair my iphone 7 to my VW EOS?
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

HARRY KOCH,

I wouldn't be happy if my phone didn't pair with my car. Thank you for the helpful error message. Bluetooth connectivity is 3rd party for us, your Automobile and Mobile phone manufacturer have more control. We are just your Wireless provider that provides your network; but not to worry, I'll still be happy to help. When did this start, has it ever connected? What year and model is your Volkswagen Eos?

Here's also a great link in regards of your Bluetooth connectivity for Volkswagen vehicles: Volkswagen of America.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TANND71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with my Hyundai Tucson.  My IPhone 6 connected flawlessly where as my 7 once paired simply won't stay connected. I've read online that verizon IPhone 7's have Bluetooth and LTE connectivity issues. Is this a hardware issues or will there be a software fix?

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It would be a software issue that should eventually be addressed with an iOS update. This is assuming that your car radio has the correct firmware to connect to the iPhone 7 (haven't looked to see if the Bluetooth profiles are the same for the iPhone 7 as they were for previous models but if they aren't or anything else is different then it's possible that your car radio may be unable to connect unless the manufacturer has a firmware update for your radio. At that point it's not an Apple or iPhone issue).