How much is an iPhone 7 with 2 year contract?
MJSANTER

How much is the iphone 7 with a new 2 year contract?

I'm eligible for upgrade 11/16/16 and want to ensure I'm not paying full retail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how much is iphone 7 with 2 year contract
rcschnoor
Legend

What plan are you on. Not all plans allow you to purchase on contract. What is your data allowance? Depending on your data allowance and your plan, you can purchase the phone at full retail price and STILL pay less than purchasing on contract.

While the discounted price of a phone purchased "on contract" is less than "full retail", you are STILL purchasing the phone at "full retail". Verizon simply increases your charges in other areas to recoup that "discount"

Instead of not paying full retail for the device, wouldn't it be better you are getting the device for the best overall price???

Cost of iPhone 7 with 2 yr contract would be anywhere from $200 to $400. Keep in mind, you will pay an ADDITIONAL $360 to $600 in the cost of your service over the life of your 2 yr service contract depending on your plan and/or monthly data allowance. In addition, you would not qualify for 2 GB of bonus data which comes with purchasing a device on payments on the Verizon Plan. That brings the "contract price" of the phone up to $560 to $1000 AND a higher cost for your data.

Of course, you should do what is best for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What plan are you on. Not all plans allow you to purchase on contract. What is your data allowance? Depending on your data allowance and your plan, you can purchase the phone at full retail price and STILL pay less than purchasing on contract.

While the discounted price of a phone purchased "on contract" is less than "full retail", you are STILL purchasing the phone at "full retail". Verizon simply increases your charges in other areas to recoup that "discount"

Instead of not paying full retail for the device, wouldn't it be better you are getting the device for the best overall price???

Cost of iPhone 7 with 2 yr contract would be anywhere from $200 to $400. Keep in mind, you will pay an ADDITIONAL $360 to $600 in the cost of your service over the life of your 2 yr service contract depending on your plan and/or monthly data allowance. In addition, you would not qualify for 2 GB of bonus data which comes with purchasing a device on payments on the Verizon Plan. That brings the "contract price" of the phone up to $560 to $1000 AND a higher cost for your data.

Of course, you should do what is best for you.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Does it make you feel better if you pay $299 for a phone only to end up paying $500 more in monthly charges because you are on contract?  If you are on More Everything or Verizon plan, you will most likely end up paying more on contract even though the p seems to be a better deal.  In actuality it us not and you always end up paying full retail for the phone, and often more.  Always calculate out the 24 month costs f all your options before jumping to a conclusion. 

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

MJSANTER,

Great choice in devices. I'll gladly get you the pricing. Which model 7 were you interested in? Which capacity?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MJSANTER

Yeah I just don't have $650 to drop at once. I'll take a look at the monthly finance. And Kati appreciate the offer for assistance but I'm good for now

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, if you are on More Everything or Verizon Plan, go with payment plan - less up front cost than even a contract, and net 24 month cost is less than contract.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Of course that depends on data allowance. If on the More Everything Plan with less than a 6 GB data allowance, purchasing on contract would work out to be less expensive.

Of course, in this instance it may work out better to switch from More Everything to the Verizon Plan and purchase on the payment plan.