How to get caller name id app to display spam?
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I subscribe to caller ID and have an iphone 7 plus.  I have installed the caller name id app, followed all of the instructions for allowing it to provide caller ID.  It shows I am subscribed but when a "spam" call comes in it does not notify me that the call is spam.  When I share the number with the app and look it up I can see the number has been flagged but the app is not notifying me when the call comes in.  Make sense?  I have tried removing and re-installing the app but same thing.  I like the caller ID service but if the app doesn't give real time notifications then its wasting space on my phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get caller name id app to display spam?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVSON44, we understand how important it is to make sure that the product and services are working properly for you. We appreciate the effort that you've put in so far. We would like to keep digging. May we ask if your iPhone 7 Plus was purchased through Verizon or was it bought through another carrier? Also, can you please confirm the current software version of your device? You can check this by going into Settings > General > About > Version.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was purchased through Verizon latest IOS software 10.3.3.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVSON44, thanks for confirming this detail. At the moment, you certainly have the latest software version and based on your attempts to remove and then re-install the app, the app should be up to date as well. In review of the application and how it's working with other iPhones, there are no reports of an issue similar to this. In order to help get this resolved, we would like to take a closer look at your device details and have this lifted up to our IT experts for additional support. We've sent you a Private Message for your convenience, so please check your inbox and respond as soon as you have a chance so we can help get this fixed.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is the identified number alert setting turned on in your caller ID app?

0 Likes
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see no option to enable this.  In fact other than adding numbers to my spam personal spam list and updating the app's spam list there are no settings in the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deloused, thank you for being a huge influence and asset to these forums. You certainly bring a lot to the table.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the status of this fix or do I just need to cancel this service and go with one of the other's available?  I feel that VZW support ignored my response that there was no option to enable "identified number alert" in my app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAVSON44, we want to ensure you can use your Caller Name ID service as designed. We definitely wouldn't want to lose you over an app not working properly. We would like to submit a ticket for this matter but we never received account verification from you. We also would need a screenshot of your Settings Menu to submit with the ticket to our IT team. If you'd like to proceed with the ticket, please reply to our previous Private Message and we can certainly ensure your matter is lifted up to the app team.

0 Likes
DAVSON44
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK I have sent my pin in a private message.  I couldn't see an option to attach an image so here is my settings screen.

IMG_1204.PNG

0 Likes