How to reset iPhone for trade in
BCEMAILBOX

I just got my iPhone 7 with the trade-in program.  It's activated and in use.  I have my iPhone 6 to return for trade in, but didn't know what to do.  My 6 appears to still be active, showing reception, etc.

Do I have to do a factory reset?  Am I supposed to pull out the SIM before sending?  Anything else needed to de-activate it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to reset iPhone for trade in
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you so much for being proactive about the trade in! You do not have to remove the SIM but can if you want to. The main setting you want to make sure is deactivated is Find My iPhone which is found via Settings>iCloud. You can also reset your phone via Settings>General>Reset>Reset Contents and Settings. If this is not completed we will wipe it regardless and will protect any sensitive information so no worries there.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @ VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you so much for being proactive about the trade in! You do not have to remove the SIM but can if you want to. The main setting you want to make sure is deactivated is Find My iPhone which is found via Settings>iCloud. You can also reset your phone via Settings>General>Reset>Reset Contents and Settings. If this is not completed we will wipe it regardless and will protect any sensitive information so no worries there.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @ VZWsupport

0 Likes
MARGIELIBRA
Contributor - Level 2

Hi also if you shut your find my iPhone and connect your phone to iTunes and reset it there you will get a better and complete wipeout of your phone. I think resetting it from your phone is not enough.

0 Likes
goamsil

I signed up for the trade-in as well but didn't receive return packaging, labeling, instructions or anything that I was told I'd receive. What are the next steps ? Where am I sending it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you receive your trade in. I highly recommend requesting the shipping materials once more on the trade-in page.

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes