Re: I am not receiving short-code SMS like verification texts from Uber, Google, etc.
tpanlilio949

Has there been a solve for this yet? I'm having the same issue. Just activated an iphone 11 pro max and can't receive short codes from any company (e.g. Google, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Chase). I'm on an unlimited plan. Have tried restarting phone with wifi off. Still nothing

0 Likes
Re: I am not receiving short-code SMS like verification texts from Uber, Google, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please reach out to us in a Direct Twitter post or a Private Facebook post so that we can access your account in privacy, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Jtaliaferro5

I am having this same issue. I chatted with Verizon today through the website and that did not resolve anything. This is a frustrating issue as I can see others are having similar problems and Verizon not providing a solution. Verizon said the issue will be resolved in 4 hours and that was at 9am yesterday. This issue started when I transferred my new number over from ATT and has not worked since getting a new phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jtaliaferro5, you have our sincerest apologies that we have not gotten back to you however you have our attention. How long ago did the issue begin? Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device recently?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
LaurenChastain

I am having the same issue. I have not  received the sms security code to log in to facebook. I have tried for 3 days. I have deleted the app and reloaded it. I have done everything suggested on the Facebook help site. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaurenChastain, have you experienced this with any other applications? When did you notice this begin?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
aner_USMC

We just ported over all our phones from AT&T to Verizon 4 days ago and noticed that 2FA messages one not coming in. Does anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aner_USMC, allow me to be the very first to welcome you to the Verizon Wireless family. We do apologize for any trouble with your messaging. When porting a number to a different carrier, there are many behind the scenes processes in place. As a result, full messaging services may take 3-5 days to be functioning. Should you find that after this time you are still unable to receive these messages, please let us know. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon why the H**L don't you just POST THE SOLUTION!!!!  I am using web Message+ in a web browser and I ALWAYS get ALL texts EXCEPT verification texts.   For example Google just sent me a verification code via text and I CAN'T get it in message+ via web browser on PC.  My phone is out of battery and charging in another room, and I'm on my PC and NEVER get these verification texts.  You MUST be blocking them from syncing to the message+ via web browser.  WHY do you do this?  Why won't you give the solution?  People have complained for YEARS now about this and all you do is put in a canned response.   TELL US what is the problem.   PLEASE.

Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree!  POST THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!!

0 Likes