I need some help
momv630
Enthusiast - Level 2

My SIL is here from another country. She has an iphone 7 that doesn't work here (only on my wifi)  Is there a chip she can get so she can use her phone when out of the house? Sorry, but I have no idea how this works. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need some help
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get a prepaid SIM card for them to use while they are visiting. I would suggest choosing a prepaid carrier that is GSM/LTE based given the iPhone is likely only capable of connecting with GSM/LTE networks. This would be carriers using the AT&T or T-Mobile networks instead of Verizon Wireless. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope your SIL has a good time in the U.S., momv630. This Summer has been amazing. As Ann154 recommended, you can certainly look at the options you have to activate this device with Verizon Wireless using this link: vzw.com/activate Please let us know if this information is helpful. -Gerson

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We hope your SIL has a good time in the U.S., momv630. This Summer has been amazing. As Ann154 recommended, you can certainly look at the options you have to activate this device with Verizon Wireless using this link: vzw.com/activate Please let us know if this information is helpful. -Gerson

I wasn't recommending the OP activate the iPhone on Verizon Wireless mainly because I thought it was doubtful it was compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes