IPhone 7 plus use in New Zealand
PMS12

I have an IPhone 7 plus that is still under contract. I want to use it in New Zealand, but replacing the Verizon chip for a local New Zealand chip. Do I have to pay off my contract to have my phone unlocked to use a different chip?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 7 plus use in New Zealand
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon doesnt network lock their iphones so you can insert a SIM card from a international carrier fo use your device on another provider whose network is compatable with your model 7

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon doesnt network lock their iphones so you can insert a SIM card from a international carrier fo use your device on another provider whose network is compatable with your model 7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PMS12,

New Zealand sounds wonderful. I can piggy back off of what deloused mentioned (thanks deloused!). It's true that you will be able to use your service with a New Zealand carrier by using one of their SIM cards in your phone. You mentioned that you were within a contract. Will you be staying in New Zealand permanently, or for a long period of time? How long will you be there? Please remember that we have international plans for our customers, too. Just visit vzw.com/international

I hope this information is helpful for you.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes