IPhone7 promo trade-in fraud?!?!
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased new iPhone 7s on the promise that if I trade in my old iPhones, i will only have to pay the promo rate. Long behold, I open the new phones and return my old ones and VZW is now saying they won't honor the promo (despite my having a written text that says i will be given the promo) and I will be charged the full amount.

i have spoken to the trade in department who says they are working on it but despite many hours of discussion on the phone the past week, there hasn't been any resolution.

has anyone reached out to the VZW executlives and gotten a favorable resolution?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone7 promo trade-in fraud?!?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linda18,

We hope things are going well with your new phones.

We had a promotion that would let you upgrade to a premium smartphone for as low as $10 per month on device payment.

The smartphone discount will be applied as a 24-month Bill Incentive Credit starting in month 3.

Our system takes two bill cycles to validate and process the credit. The account must remain current in order for the system to validate the account. Once the system validates the account in the third month, you will receive a credit for the first two months and a credit every month for the remainder of the 24 months.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Linda18, we don’t want you to feel that way about the trade in promos. We want you to get the most out of your new phone. Is there any reason the promo will not be honored? When was the new phone purchased? What phone did you trade in?

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kybrell1

i'm having a similar problem. I've been fighting with Verizon since September 11 when I tried to move my phones over from AT&T to Verizon. I was offered the promotion from the switch program for all six lines to pay for my AT&T account up to $650 per line. Then in that same  process the new seventh came out and I was offered a 7+ if I traded in my 6+ and I will be given $650 per each 6+ I traded in on every seven I bought that would take over the bulk of the cost of the phone and would leave me with just a small balance until the phone was paid in full  After months and one issue after another with Verizon employees make a mistake after mistake after mistake they're trying to tell me that I do not qualify for the promotion for the switch my line accounts because it is out of date. This is even though the reason why it isn't been extended is due to the fault of Verizon errors. They're telling me I do not qualify for the line rebate and suddenly can't read all the notes from way back in September when this horse story started. I am going to have to contact the executive office or Verizon administration to try and get a resolution. If I was given incorrect information by Verizon employees I should not have to suffer for it. The way that the promotion was offered to me is what made me purchased the two new 7+ phones. And I knew and they were going to attempt to screw me out of them, I would've not got any phones at all and would've stopped at AT&T

0 Likes
Kybrell1

I accidentally ended my post too soon. If Verizon had to pay me back for all the hours that I have logged on the phone just said September even at the rate that I make at my half great job they will be owing me a whole hell of a lot more than they should be reimbursing me for the phone lines. The consumer should not pay Verizon employee errors when offering promotions to customers. We listen to them and expect that they know what they're talking about and should not have to suffer when I don't. After four hours on the phone only a part of my part my situation may be resolved. It's ridiculous. If customer service they all get commission on every plan that they sell a lot of people are getting screwed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kybrell1, we certainly want you to get your promotional credits. Have you heard anything from the rebate department since September? What is your current rebate status? We would love to help you get the credits you deserve.

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

We purchased the new phones on 12/22 and was told that we would be able to get the new phones for $4/month but now we are being charged $32/month.

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am going through such a similar experience.  Have you reached out to the executives yet?

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

If you are referring to the rebate that is paid out over the 2 year period, there is a few months lapse before it takes effect, but they do credit you for those few months on the date it becomes effective.

I'm having a similar issue except I can't GET the rebate because Verizon computers are showing that the iPhone 6 Plus that I paid off to be able to GET the rebate on is not paid off.  I've been messing with this since the iPhone 7 came out and her 7 Plus was delivered (it had to be ordered).  I'm almost to the point of simply filing a small claims court action to get it taken care of.

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm experiencing the same thing, I had one month left on my old iPhone and they told me they will credit that one month so I can get the rebate on the new phones. But now they are going back on their words.  That's a long time for you to deal with them. What have you tried? I've been reading that we should reach out to the executives? But smal claims court sounds like a good option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linda18,

We hope things are going well with your new phones.

We had a promotion that would let you upgrade to a premium smartphone for as low as $10 per month on device payment.

The smartphone discount will be applied as a 24-month Bill Incentive Credit starting in month 3.

Our system takes two bill cycles to validate and process the credit. The account must remain current in order for the system to validate the account. Once the system validates the account in the third month, you will receive a credit for the first two months and a credit every month for the remainder of the 24 months.

TamaraH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes