Incoming Caller ID Shows Name Only - No Number
bmatt25

The caller ID that displays when I receive incoming calls now displays the name portion of the info instead of the phone number. If there is no name data available, the phone only displays UNKNOWN or WIRELESS CALLER. After the call finishes ringing, I can see the number in my recent calls. It's just not showing while the call is ringing.

I recently upgraded my phone to the Moto Z Force Droid. I wasn't happy with the battery life so I returned it and got an iPhone 7 instead. I think somewhere around this time is when the problem started. The Droid I had for a short time came with a free trial of one of those apps that will look up the name of who's calling. I wonder if somehow that feature is still activated. I just want to go back to plain old number only, unless the person is in my contacts.

Side note: the city and state are no longer appearing either. I would like those back as well!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming Caller ID Shows Name Only - No Number
JENSHE77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem too. I've had my iPhone for three months but this issue just started this Week. I cannot have this!! Help please!!

JAZZKEYS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I no one ever replied? I have the same questions that's ridiculous

Simplynando
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate this. But it's actually a "feature". You turn on "Verizon Caller Name ID" and it shows you the name like a typical Caller ID that is on a landline, except it doesn't show the actual phone number, which is ridiculous but it might also be an Apple issue. It's kind of a love/hate thing for me. I like seeing the name of the person calling me (or sometimes it just says WIRELESS CALLER, which sucks), but it would be easier to see the phone number underneath it.

You can remove the "feature" from your account. I think you also need to disable "Share Name ID". I'm not positive though.

0 Likes
heartsinbalance
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since my lala phone update I've had the same problem, it's annoying especially with all the fraudulent calls I've been getting. We need to be able to see the numbers that are calling especially if it doesn't say who.