Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iphone 7 keeps turning off and draining the battery
hyealice

For the past week or so the phone will be fully charged and the next thing I know, I'll go to use the phone to check email or whatever and it freezes - the buttons (like home) won't click and the screen goes black and within seconds the 100% charged phone battery has drained.  The little Apple symbol will show up and it will seem like it restarted itself but then when I go to open an app, any app, it freezes up again.  I have to restart/reset the phone and I've updated it to the latest update but it keeps doing this.  Right now I have it trying to do another update (I had just updated it a few days ago so I'm not sure if that one didn't take or if there really is a new update since then).  

0 Likes
Re: Iphone 7 keeps turning off and draining the battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This certainly isn't normal behavior for an iPhone. Sorry that this has happened. Since it's been a few days since you posted this, it sounded like you were doing an update. Have things gotten better or are you still having the same issues?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes