Iphone 7 will not send Text with attachments or Group Texts.
discodave

I have had a long history of problems sending group texts and text with photo or attachments. I have had 3 generations of iphone and it always carries over to the new phone. I have tried all the google fixes, to no avail. I took my previous i phone 6 to an apple store and they seemed to get it to work a few times. I have been told that it is a verizon problem, something with my account permissions. Can anyone help me figure out how to resolve this issue. I have a new 1 month old iphone7 plus and it inherited the same old issue as my previous Verizon phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 7 will not send Text with attachments or Group Texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is indeed concerning to hear that this issue with group messages & with attachments has followed through devices and gone on for this long, discodave. We definitely want to get this resolved. These types of messages are called MMS(Multimedia Messaging Service). I appreciate all the hard work you have put into getting this resolved. Let's make sure everything is provisioned correctly on your account. So I can best assist please respond to my private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Discodave, I am stunned that this continues to be an issue for you. I depend on my messaging service to work right. Can we make sure that MMS is turned on? http://spr.ly/65858JzoR

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YODABUFF32

I am having this same issue.  I just changed to Verizon and got a new iphone 7.  I have never had this problem before, with my old phone or previous carrier.  Is there a resolution on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure that you are able to get the most out of your device and service with us, YODABUFF32. Let's work together to ensure that you get just that. What happened when you followed the steps that were provided in my co-worker's post? Also, can we assume that you are using the stock messaging app on your iPhone 7?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YODABUFF32

yes i am using the stock messaging that comes with the phone.  I have double checked that MMS and group texting settings are on.  Not sure what else to check.  I even turned them off, rebooted the phone and turned them back on.  Still didn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should YODABUFF32. Let's continue working towards a resolution. What happens when you try to send an MMS message? Are you having any trouble connecting to the Internet on the device?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Confirming you have cellular data turned on. MMS requires cellular data to be on. 

0 Likes