Iphones do not receive calls when connected to wifi
STOP_BILLCOLLECTORS74

I have a IP7 and IP SE, both connected to fios wifi to save my data usage. When connected, I do not receive incoming calls. Phone does not ring, goes right to voicemail and no missed calls. When I turn wifi off, phone works normal.

Why is this happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphones do not receive calls when connected to wifi
stef7
Master - Level 2

I presume you have enabled WiFi calling. It's possible, even with WiFi calling enabled, for incoming and outgoing calls, the phone's preference will be to use the cellular network...

I think you can force it to use WiFi by engaging Airplane mode, then turning on just WiFi. See if that works.

0 Likes
STOP_BILLCOLLECTORS74

wifi calling is not enabled

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

i would try the recommendations in this article:

https://appletoolbox.com/2014/02/incoming-iphone-calls-go-to-voice-mail-without-ringing/

if that didn't work, I guess I would contact Apple Support (bottom of this page).

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stop.billcollectors741, we want to make sure that you're receiving all of your phone calls. Stef7 has provided you with some pretty good links. I do have a few other questions about this issue. Are you able to make phone calls while connected to wi-fi? Also, when did this start happening? One last question, have you tried to receive a phone call on other wi-fi networks? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STOP_BILLCOLLECTORS74

When I make calls on wifi, alot of them get dropped. I have not been connected to any other wifi network long enough to see how it works.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You have to make sure infact, you are making it over wifi. My understanding is even if there is a marginal cell tower signal, the call may go out via the cell tower.

Try engaging Airplane mode, then turn on just WiFi.

Now what happens to your calls?

0 Likes