Just upgraded to iphone 7, can't get the hotspot to work to my laptop.
lindalou001

The iphone 7 shows up, but says it cannot connect. It is not even coming up with the box to enter password, just gives error when I try to connect. I used to connect my laptop to my iphone 5c hotspot all of the time without issue. I've tried to connect from other devices as well. Problem is with the new iphone 7.

I've followed all of the trouble shooting steps and also reset the network and restarted, software on phone up to date. HELP.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just upgraded to iphone 7, can't get the hotspot to work to my laptop.
lindalou001

The error message is "cannot connect to this network."

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We certainly want to see you get the most out of your new device! To confirm the same error message occurs when you try to connect to many different devices and not just your laptop? What is the current iPOS version shown in Settings>General>About?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
lindalou001

Yes, no devices can connect to this new iphone 7. I upgraded to 10.0.3 over the weekend hoping it would fix the issue, it did not.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if the iPhone 7 is broadcasting the hotspot wifi signal on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lindalou001

Where would I find that? I don't see anything in the hotspot area for that.

0 Likes
lindalou001

Where would I find that?

0 Likes
lindalou001

Yes, no devices can connect to this new iphone 7. I upgraded to 10.0.3 over the weekend hoping it would fix the issue, it did not.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Are you using the new wifi password that is on the iPhone 7? It changes when you get a new phone. You can change it to anything you want, but if you don't, you must update the password on your computer. Since the phone name is the same from the backup, but the password is different, all the old devices can't connect. You either need to change the wifi password to the old password if you know it, or change your iPhone name (Settings-General-About) and set up new wifi connection for each computer.

If you already did that and it doesn't work, reset the network settings on the iPhone (Settings-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings)

While this is not the problem, iOS 10.1 is out today, so you can also up date to that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your mobile hotspot on your new device is important, lindalou001. We're still on the case. When setting up your personal hotspot on the new device, did you choose WIFI and bluetooth, or USB only? Here's a helpful link with details: http://spr.ly/65898DOPb

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes