LTE and Wifi
JRICH11

I have an iPhone7. Ever since I got it, I cannot be connected to Wifi and LTE at the same time. If I have Wifi turned on and am connected to a network (like inside my house) while I have LTE Network Access ---- my internet on my phone does not work.

If I turn off Wifi - my LTE network works perfectly fine. If I turn off LTE, my Wifi network works perfectly fine. But if I am connected to both - nothing works.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE and Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Josh

I'm sorry you are having issues with your device. Let's get it up and running. Does the device connect to other Wifi networks while connected to our network? Is the device damaged?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JRICH11

It connects to some other networks, not all though. And I'm actually having issues with the "hotspot" capabilities too - my PC can't connect to the hotspot when I'm at the airport, for example.

I do not think the phone is damaged. It's had this issue ever since I brought it home. I have a Pelican case on it 24/7 and a glass protector.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRICH11, being able to stay connected to the internet is important. Sounds like we have a few different issues at hand. I want to make sure that we address these one by one. Do you get an actual error when you have the wi-fi on and the cellular network turned on? If so, what does that error message say?

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JRICH11

I get Server errors - no device errors.

So if I'm trying to play a game or access a website, it will try to load and then show a server error that says I have no connection.

Yet I'm connected to Wifi and have 4G LTE network connection.

0 Likes