Messages+ work with new sim in iphone 7 overseas?
jmp29

I have an iPhone 7 and will be traveling in Europe, and plan to buy a SIM card there and install it. 

I've read that some people have had issues sending and receiving iMessage once they install a new SIM card. What is the best way to ensure I can send and receive iMessages with while I'm using the overseas SIM card? 

Should I be disabling iMessage and just using the #Messages+ app

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages+ work with new sim in iphone 7 overseas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, jmp29. Sounds like you will be taking a nice tip to Europe, and we want to ensure that you can stay connected with friends and family at all times. You mentioned iMessage and Message+ and these are two different kinds of messages. 

Your iMessage messages should work with all your iPhone/Apple contacts as long as you have data available (cellular or WiFi). The Message+ application can also work with data but it is an application intended for Verizon Wireless service and it may not work with non-Verizon SIM cards.

We offer international service options, check this link https://www.verizon.com/plans/international/international-travel/trip-planner-tool/ to review your options. 

-Antonio

0 Likes
jmp29

Thanks, Antonio! So, if someone texts me at my US phone number while my European SIM is installed, I will still receive the message in iMessage on my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, yes iMessage is a data application attached to your Apple ID.

As long as the phone is connected to data or Wi-Fi it will work.  But You will not get actual text messages. 

- Jose

0 Likes