Missing apps after transfer I5s to I7s & activation
DAHAMBONE54

In the dog house. During activation of the I7s from an I5s, photo's, date, files, apps and SMS transferred alright. One or two game apps did not. I then did Verizon Content Transfer which did not recover the game app from the I5s to the I7s. With the Verizon Content Transfer, the photo's were out of date sequence and dupes were added. How to resolve? Reset the I7 to factory mode and restore the files/sms/photos/apps/data/doc from Icloud, Itunes? I suspect the ICloud already has all the files from the I7, including the duplicate photo's etc. Missing the one or two game apps is no longer an issue. Getting the photo's squared away is. Yeah, wife's phone. I need help to look like a Genius. I still have the I5s, have not shipped it off to recycle yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing apps after transfer I5s to I7s & activation
Weth
Legend

Always use iCloud or iTunes backup with iPhones for restoring. ICloud will keep older backups of the same device, so look for that when restoring the new iPhone 7. You should see option to not accept the default and to search older files.

Some apps will not transfer if they have been discontinued or are not compatible with the new iOS 10. The backup does not store the app, only the pointer to the app and the apps data. When you restore a backup, it goes to the app store to redownload the latest version of the app. If the app is discontinued and no longer available on the app store, it won't download. itunes works differently as the app itself is stored in the back up on the PC or mac.

0 Likes
Re: Missing apps after transfer I5s to I7s & activation
DAHAMBONE54

Weth,

Thanks, I will try that and see if that gets me out of the Dog House!

0 Likes