My new iPhone rings randomly when there is no caller. Actual calling works fine.
soprissue

I have a new iPhone 7, and I receive phone calls just fine. But I also get random ringing, sometimes 6-7 times a day, when no one is calling me. My ringtone is "Playtime," but the "phantom" ringtone is "Night Owl" Has anyone else experienced this problem? I went to the Verizon store, but the kid working there just looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not! I have several witnesses who have seen/ heard this happen!

I suspect this has something to do with my husband's and my phones being on the same account? But I have no idea how to fix it. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My new iPhone rings randomly when there is no caller. Actual calling works fine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is very strange indeed, soprissue. Let’s partner up and find out what’s going on. When did this start happening? Did anything change on the phone around the time it started? What exactly are you seeing on the phone when it has the phantom ring? For example, are you seeing an incoming call, email received, etc.. Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes