Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My son's phone is locked. How to unlock it?
DENLES30

Need to get my son's phone unlocked. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My son's phone is locked. How to unlock it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

DENLES30, thanks for reaching out to the community. We're always happy to assist you. Verizon devices are not carrier locked. Please provide us more information regarding your request.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: My son's phone is locked. How to unlock it?
Elements

When you say the phone is locked, I'm assuming you mean that you're stuck on the lock screen that is asking for a passcode? If so, then the only way to get around that is by doing a full reset on the phone via iCloud or iTunes, which will unfortunately erase everything on the phone. If you have a computer with iTunes available, thent he steps would be as follows:

1.Power off the device.

2.Hold the Home button

3.Continue to hold Home as you connect the phone to a computer running iTunes via the lightning cable.

4.Continuie holding Home until the iPhone screen shows an iTunes logo (not the Apple logo).

5.iTunes should at this point state that it found an iPhone that needed to be restored or updated.

6.Select Restore, and it will perform a full erase on the phone (note that it will probably need to download the latest version of iOS first).

0 Likes