No Service
RJb459

Hi.  Updated a couple times to 11.## and ever since then have had intermittent episodes of ‘no service’.  Seems mostly to happen at home (area code 89521) but has happened occasionally in other states.  Couple things:

1). I have tried: a. Resetting carrier settings, b. Checking for updates both for apple and Verizon network settings, c. Cycled airplane mode and turned off and on my phone,  d. Manipulated LTE settings. Resetting carrier settings seems to be the only thing that will restore signal for a little while (happens about every other day).

2). I appreciate that Verizon will want to eliminate the simplest problems first, but doing a little research, this is a very widespread issue that has been happening for months and seems to revolve around the iPhone 7 and updates 10 and/or 11 from apple. Therefore, changing the SIM card (which hasn’t worked for others) or doing a factory reset or backup (which is absurd when the issue is almost certainly tied to software updates and...hasn’t worked for others) aren’t acceptable canned answers from Verizon.

3). Here are acceptable answers:

”We’ve identified an issue with Apple‘s updates on the iPhone 7. In short, (_______) is causing (_______).  The solution is a software update coming out (date) or this (step by step) fix. We’re sorry for wasting your time and the degraded coverage in your service.“

Or...

”We are having (_______) service problems in multiple areas due to (_________) to include the 89521 area code and are working to fix these issues by (date). We’re sorry for wasting your time and the degraded coverage in your service.“

Or...

”We are unable to determine the issue being generated by the IOS updates and recent models of the iPhone on the Verizon network.  The resets and backups are half-hearted solutions to a bigger problem and therefor we will not ask you to do them out of respect for our customers. We understand that our customers expect a higher standard from Verizon and therefore it is not recommended to continue to pay market-high premium cell service prices for sub-par performance and customer support.  Here are some coverage plans from competitors which now have more dependable networks and instructions on how to transfer your phone number...“

So is it time to start saving some money and get a more dependable network by making a switch to AT&T or T-Mobil?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It disappoints me to hear about your service issues with your iPhone 7 RJb459. It would be a terrible thing to lose you as a customer over this. I'm not finding any reports or outages in RENO or with the 11.1.2 (15B202) most recent update. Not to worry, I am confident that we can help you figure this out. What is your software version (Settings > General > About > Version)? Which software version did this start for you Ricardo? Do you personally know anyone in the same location as you having the same exact the same issue?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILMUL46

I have the same issue! IPhone6 with IOS11.1.2 and Verizon Carrier Setting 30.0.  I had 30.1 but didnt update to 30.1 after I did a complete reboot.  With IOS 11.1.2 and Verizon 30.o, my signal is better but still fades in and out of LTE and 3G..  The worst is we all know Verizon is aware of this... but you havent come out with an update yet or even mentioned theres an issue... We all KNOW there is an issue.  I will be switching carriers shortly. Why am I switching Verizon? Because of your lack of communication regarding this KNOWN issue and the fact that I am reading how AT&T and T mobile dont have this issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you as our customer and would never want to see you leave WILMUL46. We assure you that not all customers are experiencing this issue so we want to be sure to get this resolved. When did the issue begin? Is your device alternating between LTE and 3G only or is it showing No Service? Where are you when you experience the trouble?

0 Likes