No service at home
Austin-Schmitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a college student returning home and my entire family is with Verizon. Usually, there are problems with internet reaching certain areas in my house and we chalked it up to having thick walls, but now we're getting 1 bar in the home, and recently I've been getting no service. There are cells towers quite literally all over my neighborhood, so I'm wondering why none of them are Verizon? My zip is 92106 and like I said, the problems only started recently but they are affecting my whole family.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service at home
Austin-Schmitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update : I've looked at the coverage map, and it falsely says that my area is covered... And yet it's not just a problem at home, when I go to my partner's house in the same zipcode I also am lucky to get over 2 bars. The worst part is it doesn't even switch to LTE, it goes straight to 3G and then to no service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it is critical to have service you can depend on Austin. We are sorry for any inconvenience, I am confident we can figure this out. How long ago have you noticed this? Is this happening outside as well as inside?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Austin-Schmitty
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been pretty recent, starting around a month ago or less. When I leave my house, in some areas I can get 3 bars, but in general it stays at either 2 or below.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details are very helpful, Austin-Schmitty. You indicate that you get better signal (up to 3 bars) when you leave your home. You also mention that you get signal issues when you visit your partner's house. This information isolates the issue to the inside of your home and your partner's house, and reflects better signal and service when you are outdoors. 

While we make every effort to provide you with the best wireless service everywhere, we cannot guarantee indoor service due to structural interference and several other factors outside of our control, please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/) for more details.

You can greatly improve your indoor wireless experience with WiFi Calling. Please connect your phones to WiFi and turn on the WiFi Calling feature as per the "Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use" section at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/). Make a few calls to test and let us know if you notice improvement.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes