Ordered iphone 7+ in jet black, order status just says "black"
davesigmachi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered iPhone 7 Plus early this morning in jet black and the order status page says "iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Black" did they change my order?  Anyone else have this happen?  I'm wondering if it's right in their system and just wrong on the email and confirmation page because the email confirmation also incorrectly identified my data plan (I used my upgrade and confirmed keeping my old unlimited plan with Nationwide 450 at check out and the "view pending plan changes" link still confirms that there are no pending changes to my account).

Since chat is currently down and I haven't been able to find an alternate way to actually contact Verizon to confirm without spending an hour on hold, I'm hoping somebody has some idea on what I should do.  Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ordered iphone 7+ in jet black, order status just says "black"
motch6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine actually says "JET BLACK"...  I'd be double checking your order with customer service!

Interestingly I ordered mine at 13 minutes after the hour (mainly because Verizon's site wouldn't let me in).... and my order confirmation now says shipping September 28th!  How in the world is that possible?  Shouldn't it be shipping September 16th.  I had to be one of the first in line. heh.

View solution in original post

motch6
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine actually says "JET BLACK"...  I'd be double checking your order with customer service!

Interestingly I ordered mine at 13 minutes after the hour (mainly because Verizon's site wouldn't let me in).... and my order confirmation now says shipping September 28th!  How in the world is that possible?  Shouldn't it be shipping September 16th.  I had to be one of the first in line. heh.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Like the previous poster has suggested, I'd contact VZW because I order the Jet Black and my order confirmation clearly states Jet Black.  If yours is saying black then I'd guess that's what you'll get unless you call and see if a change can be made.  Often times though, they'll have you cancel the current pre-order and do it all over again which will get you the color you actually want...but move you to the back of the line in regrards to shipping.  As it stands at the moment, the 256GB Jet Black is showing November 16 as estimated shipping time.

davesigmachi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, it was about 15 minutes after the hour that the link to pre-order went anywhere other than the "submit your email for updates" page for me too.  I was going back and forth on jet black v. black and distinctly remember thinking "5 extra days isn't too bad to get the jet black isn't too bad" (Sept 28 vs. Sept 23 at the time) before confirming the selection and checking out.  Maybe, the last selection just didn't take in their system since I had been comparing shipping times on various colors and models.  Thanks for confirming that your confirmation said Jet Black, I'll be expecting a matte black and just be pleasantly surprised if they get it right, because I don't want to go back to the back of the line at this point and have to wait an extra 6-8 weeks.  Thanks for the info!

0 Likes
davesigmachi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info Loquat, that helps me a great deal (and probably saved me a ton of time with customer service).  It sounds like I'll probably be getting my second choice of color, but I'll take that over waiting an extra couple of months for the right one!

0 Likes
DoctorDea
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I was ordering my iPhone 7 plus last night, I only saw 4 choices of color to choose and only one was black. The menu only showed colored squares and had no wording , so I chose the black square, and sure enough, it confirmed I ordered a "black" iPhone 7 plus. I really wanted a "jet black" phone so I called the rep to discuss what happened and I was told I had actually ordered the "matte black" one. I think the order process was confusing as the colored square gave no indication if it was matte black or jet black. It looks like the matte black phone is just called the "black" phone.

However, the sales rep said once I receive my matte black phone, I can exchange it through the "worry free guarantee" plan for the jet black phone I really wanted. Unfortunately Verizon could not change my order after I placed it.

PETSCO98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on hold now (10pm 09-09-16) to clarify my same issue with the order noting a "black" phone. I called at 11:59 pm and the call was answered at 12:00 am I spoke to the Verizon sales rep to place my order.  I had written, in front of me, on a post-it-note exactly what I wanted to order to avoid any confusion. 

I told the sales representative "I wanted a Jet black 7plus 256 gb iPhone" (over accentuated on the phone my order to make sure, I was clear), the Verizon sales rep. repeated back to me, my order.  We exchanged a few more words, and then I asked her to confirm back my order she said she was sure the order was correct.

Verizon just answered after 42 minutes of waiting, yes the original sales rep. did order the wrong color. (not the Jet Black). 

Verizon is going to re-order my new iPhone in Jet Black and retain my place in line (to receive it on Sept 16th)  "fingers crossed." ..........on hold again.

email received canceled order, working on re-order now. 

Ok re-order correct, sales rep. filling a form she is referring to as "jumping the line form" to place me back in my orignial spot.

The new Delivery by date is 11/09/16,  but the sales rep. says her supervisor is going to handle the date correction.

After 1hour 27 minutes, I really hope that Verizon honors their word. (Client since 2003)

Loquat
Master - Level 1

DoctorDea​  I had the same issue that you were having as far as only the 4 colors being shown at time of order.  What they didn't explain is that the only way to make the Jet Black option appear was to switch the storage space to 128GB or 256GB.  When I changed the storage capacity the Jet Black option appeared in which I was able to move forward with my order.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

PETSCO98​  Glad you got it all sorted out...and I hope VZW keeps their word of holding your place in line.  I would check your shipping status from time to time just to make sure that it actually happens as I know in the past, some customers were told they'd be "jumping the line" as an appeasement.  Certainly hope this isn't the case in your situation. 

ClassicRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email confirmation and MyVerizon order says 'deliver by 9/16', but when I click on 'track shipment', it says 'ship by 9/28'. Unfortunately, I just spoke to a rep and they said "there is an updated shipping schedule - this is now scheduled for September 28 due to the volume. You will have the track # send to you once it is ready to leave the facility. My apologies for this."

Not happy. I ordered at 12:25am PST on the 9th.