Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,208 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
People cant hear me on iphone 7
JOHBEN29
Enthusiast - Level 2

People cant hear me on iphone 7, tried asjust volume, remove case and clean, still cant hear me well, any fix or defect, other

Labels (1)
Re: People cant hear me on iphone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHBEN29, sounds like you've been through a lot with the iPhone 7. Don't worry though, we can help you with the audio issue and ensure anyone can hear you. To get started, we'd like to know more about the issue. How long ago did you start having this issue? Is this happening on all calls or only some? Do you recall anything happening to the phone when the issue started (new screen protector, damage, update)?

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHBEN29
Enthusiast - Level 2

No issues before happened, maybe an update??, happened a while back not sure exactly, phone is well taken care of and in lifeproof case. also tried taking case off. just stopped being able to here my wife when she calls me and everyone else she talks to cant hear her either , sounds like its muffled, her number is the 16 line. gotten to the point to where i dont call that phone and she calls people on another phone so they can hear her. please advise

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to be able to hear people on a call, JOHBEN29. If you use a headset or speakerphone, are you able to hear people during a call? If you run other applications with audio, are you able to hear everything?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
JOHBEN29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Speaker works fine, can hear people calling ok, its when you talk they cant hear you

0 Likes
JOHBEN29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Head set is clear when used i can hear her loud and clear........., switch back to phone is same cant hear well and speaker phone is similar. Able to hear audio on applications.

0 Likes
KATTZI84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Did this get resolved?

0 Likes
JOHBEN29
Enthusiast - Level 2

unfortunately not yet

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:49 PM, KATTZI84 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Did it start happening after an update? Have you powered the device completely off, then back on to see if that resolves the problem?

You could also reset the phones settings if the power off/on does not help. I've seen this resolve some speaker/microphone issues. The option is under general settings.

The final step would be to do a factory reset on the device which will delete everything. This would be the last thing I would try if nothing else works. This step will delete everything off the device, so you would NEED to know your Apple ID and password BEFORE you reset it. You'll also want to ensure you have a recent backup so you can restore the information you have on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JOHNENB29. I am sorry you are having trouble with your audio on the iPhone 7, and I will pick up where we last left off.  We want to get to the bottom of this for you as soon as possible.  The Software update wouldn't affect your microphone but it is important to make sure you are on the most current software release. 11.4.1. I would like for you to record yourself, then play back the recording to see if the issue is actually the microphone or perhaps something else. Please turn off your Bluetooth, and test the microphone and we will move on from there if this doesn't correct the issue. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202675/

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes