Phone doesn't ring
SunDevilR

From time to time both my wife and I (iPhone 7 snd 7+) have problems whereby the phone doesn't ring.  Sometimes the phone rings.  But other times it doesn't and eventually I notice a voice mail or else a missed call.  My guess is that Verizon has oversold the bandwidth in my area, and that sometimes their system just can't put the call thru.  Does anybody have any other theories?  I know this is a common problem in the world of cell phones, with all the carriers. 

BTW, I didn't see a forum specifically for regular old phone calls, so I stuck it here. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone doesn't ring
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SunDevilR, we don’t want you to miss out on any calls, especially with those great phones. When did the issue start? What zip code are you having trouble in?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SunDevilR

Steven, I live in 85755.  And I am betting it is a bandwidth problem.  The problem has been especially acute the past few days.  Yesterday it happened while I was in Phoenix about 3 pm or so.  However the problem is on again on again.  I noticed I posted a question on the same topic a couple years ago that I forgot about.  Other than a couple replies commiserating there was nothing helpful posted.  My wife gripes about it  intermittently.

0 Likes
RAYTET53
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same thing is happening on my iPhone SE.  I've had a number of times where the missed call pops up.  Are you being tricky with our calls Verizon?

0 Likes