Phone service cuts out, phone has a mind of it's own
asmith12

I recently upgraded to the newest software and started having trouble with my phone. Service bar keeps telling me i have no signal. Tells me i can't make or recieve phone calls until software is upgraded. i went and checked and notice it is the latest version. went through verizon troubeleshooting guide and still the same issue. i tried contacting apple but my phone is currently at a state to where i can't recieve calls.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone service cuts out, phone has a mind of it's own
bearone21
Legend

get someplace where you have a signal & check.

sounds like the updated timed out & didn't complete because of a poor connection.

fwiw: try to do updates over wi-fi.

0 Likes
asmith12

I am currently on wi-fi, everyone else here that has verizon has great service. still the same issue, it tells me my update was completed successfully over the weekend

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to see you're experiencing signal fluctuations on your device after updating its software, and we are here to help. Could you please provide us with your ZIP Code? Also, please disconnect your device from Wi-Fi and power it off completely. After a few minutes, please power it back on and test your service.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for providing that additional information asmith12 as it is very helpful. What happens if you go back as if you are completing the update again? Does it provide you with an option to update the software when it displays the message? Do you have a computer/laptop available where you can connect the device to iTunes via the USB cable?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes