Problem sending text on Iphone 7
skywalker2of5
Enthusiast - Level 2

My girl friend is having a problem  sending a Text to what we know is a Iphone 4 when she sends the text she get's a message saying the destination is a landline. This same text works on her old Iphone 6 with IOS 10.2. On my Iphone 6 with IOS 10.3 I get the same results as her Iphone 7. is this a bug in IOS?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem sending text on Iphone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skywalker2of5-

I depend on my text messages to go through without any issues. I am sure we can get to the root cause and find a solution to your messaging concern. I am not showing any IOS known issue with the problem your girlfriend is experiencing. What messaging app is she using on her iPhone? Can she receive text messages from the number in question?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
skywalker2of5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something going on here that's strange her Iphone 7 was changed to her old number and verizon moved everything from her old phone to the new one. Her old phone was restored from a Itunes backup which worked fine. But now it can text the friend and none of our others can. Is it possible the the thread on the old phone is using a number that doesn't exist on the new phone? It's like the old phone had a number that didn't move to the new and doesn't show up on the old phone any more. The further I look shows that it's not a IOS problem it's something else. I'd be willing to bet if I deleted that thread and tried to send a text I'd get the same result as all the other phones. (even my Iphone4)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure here text messages are working properly skywalker2of5.

Is she using standard text or iMessage? Can she receive text from that number?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes