Problems with generating the transfer pin code
lchien

I encountered several problems with generating the transfer pin code. First, my phone is under a family plan, while the account owner is currently not in the US. The account owner cannot sign in to the Verizon App because she cannot receive the text message of the sign-in code outside of the US. She can also not sign in to her account on the Verizon website because the website blocked her foreign IP. I called customer service, but the rep insisted that only the account owner or account manager could request the transfer pin code. Then, I requested an account manager from my account, but the account owner could not receive the text message to accept my request out of the US. I want to keep my old phone number rather than use a new one from the new carrier because the current phone number has been used for over 17 years. I also feel enough from the weak signal of Verizon in my residential area and would like to transfer my phone number to a new carrier as soon as possible. The account owner will not return to the US until next year, so I cannot wait for her return. Is there any other way to generate the transfer pin code by myself or assist the account owner in generating it in a foreign country?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with generating the transfer pin code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand how this situation is challenging! Please send us a Private Note so we can discuss your options.*Zachary

0 Likes