Re: Purpose of Preorder?
dmonetc
Contributor - Level 1

I ordered 6 minutes after you and I have the same issue. Verizon fails us again.

MUZICLVR4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you...I don't understand the pre order. Which I already did. Mine doesn't even show a date so I have no idea when I will get it, but people can walk into the store and get one. I think I will head over there and see if they have one. Customer service said they can delete your order if you get one. But to me, pre order should mean you get it first, not the other way around.

Weth
Legend

I preordered and I am getting both phones today, an iPhone 7 rose gold, and an iPhone 7 Plus matte black.

The benefit was I do not have to stand in line today, and even if I did I would not have been able to get the iPhone 7 Plus matte black anywhere from the reports. Additionally I was able to carefully read over the terms for the $650 refund and $400 refund for used 6 and 5 I am sending back. I only stood in line once and told myself I am never doing that  again. Doorbell literally just rang - phones are here.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Very nice!  Enjoy your new devices.  My date is 9/23...hoping for sooner but won't be too bothered if I have to wait it out.  Besides, what are my other options right?

0 Likes
AMS021185
Enthusiast - Level 1

i preordered my jet black on 9/9 at like 9:30am. my shipping date is 10/12! i go on verizon.com today (9/17) and the jet black 7 will be delivered by 10/12 if you buy now.  what is the point of ordering these things early if they past them out at a particular day? not quite fair. i thought preorders get their phones before everyone else? isnt that the point? apple and these phone companies cant get this right ever. you would think they would know how this was going to go down and make sure they delivered.

InZain86
Enthusiast - Level 1

This launch was extremely fubarred.  I ordered 2 iPhone 7s one being a 128+ MB and the other a 128 RG.  The delivery date was originally 9/16 then 9/23 now a ship by date of 9/30.   People that placed their order after me are receiving the same iPhone 7 model as me.  What's the point to preordering if they don't ship in order?

rghoff22
Enthusiast - Level 3

The apple store by me and version and best buy you could NOT walk in and buy a plus.

0 Likes
kevinr_vzw
Verizon Employee

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the new iPhone on launch day since the 4S. Just stating that this has been the worst preorder experience I've had. Between low stock (or whatever) and the website not working when it was supposed to. I'm using Apple next time for my preorder.

mrgossett
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are two things about the preorder that I'm really aggravated about: 1) I was online at 2:00 am CST sharp to preorder. I lost time because Verizon's site wouldn't let me get started. I finally was able to do the preorder using the iPad app. Losing those few minutes apparently cost me maybe a month on the shipping date. This was Verizon's fault, NOT mine. 2) All the way through the preorder process, the "deliver by" date was 10/5 for the 7+ 128 JB that I wanted. That's what it showed when I placed the order. That's what it showed on the confirmation email. That's what it showed on My Verizon for days after the order. I was ok with that date or I wouldn't have continued with the preorder. Then, after placing the order, clicking on the "Check Order Status" in the email showed a delivery by date of 11/2. Surprise!! To me it was a kind of "bait and switch." Web technology is advanced enough today that the date showing during the preorder process should have been accurate, and changing in real time. I'm NOT ok with the 11/2 ship date, but there's nothing I can do now except either cancel the order or hope it will ship sooner. I've always been happy with Verizon's service until now.