Re: Purpose of Preorder?
JonesClan
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what is Verizon Wireless actually DOING for this mess of delays? Basically all I EVER hear when I have questions or complaints is, "We're sorry." Ok, thats great and all, but that does jack crap for us, the customers. We pay all these fee's, accept all these agreements, are told if we order the shipment date would be the 16th. Then MAGICALLY that date turns to the 23rd, then again to the 28th, and finally I am told my phone may not come until well into October? If Verizon was honest, it would have said, "We're not a very dependable company, so, if you preorder this phone from us, you will have a definite possibility of NOT getting it on the 16th. We love to extend the truth in our benefit and will take all your money, so buyer beware." I think that would fit much much better for Verizon. I should have learned my lesson from dealing with you when I was supposed to receive my phones back after a HUGE ordeal with Verizon a few years ago. But no, you guys said shipment got lost but wouldn't pony out the $300 that I lost because of that. You can have the most loyal customer, who pays all their bills on time, who has been a customer for 10+ years, never missed a single payment, and you will still treat them like crap. The second somebody makes a mistake you charge fee's and hit them with everything you can to get their money. But when Verizon makes a mistake, you will drag it out as long as you can and will make it such a horrible headache, the person will just give up. Verizon is a HORRIBLE company, period! Look at BestBuy, they are offering everyone who preordered $100 off their next purchase at BestBuy to try and say sorry. They are actually reaching out to the customer and trying to make some sort of effort to apologize for the delays.

korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amen!

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

AMS021185,

I can only imagine your anticipation on getting this new phone in your hands! I can see your point on the pre-order ship date compared to the ship date if you order the phone today. It can be very difficult to predict when the ship dates will be since the iPhone is in such high demand. As the pre-orders started to go through, perhaps this particular color & model didn’t sell as much as anticipated, so therefore that is factored into this finding.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rghoff22
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think today my confirmation now has a location code.... No idea what that is

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
JonesClan-

We are excited that you are excited for your new phone. I'm troubled to read that you've received several shipment dates. This is unacceptable to me, and I'm truly sorry that we have let you down. I definitely want to look into this right away. I will be sending you a message to your community inbox in the next few minutes, please respond in private so we can help turn things around. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

AmberK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
korndawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine still says processing and my card has yet to be charged.  Quite slow.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi korndawg!

I understand your eagerness and here to help clarify the pre-order process. Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. Once the order is shipped you will receive and email confirmation. I am confident this information is helpful, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
sirkirby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I no longer have a ship date at all on my 128gb Jet Black Plus pre-order as of today! before that, It was just the 9/23 "expected ship date". No status updates, no information, nothing since the original order email. I got my order in just 24 mins after the pre-order opened. The delay is bad enough, but not having updates is even worse.

mdedo30

I think that means your phone shipped

0 Likes
sirkirby
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be fantastic! Hopefully I'll have tracking number soon then. What a mess though.

I have read a few news articles that are reporting potential earlier than estimated deliveries for the Jet Black models...so that is a good sign for those with October estimates.