Re: Cannot receive short-code SMS texts
columbo122

Just picked up 2 NEW iphone 7s and transferred from another carrier with no issues prior . Hers  allows short code texts mine does not. On phone 50 minutes with tech support  still not resolved . Also checked with financial institution and no issues on there end going through all settings.  I transferred from an iphone 6 today and no issues including just before we changed over phones. Now new one nothing but problems receiving codes.

Tech claims he saw problem and it was fixed for both phones now? So whats up Verizon  still not working.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
columbo122

Ref our prior short code post.. we do not use FB, do not use Twitter.. so please answer here or email

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive the short-code SMS texts is definitely a must since a lot of services require that we verify a secure PIN. To better assist with the matter we sent you a Private Note, please meet us in private.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds to me that the port from the other carrier wasn't completed fully. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
columbo122

They checked all on their end and it was fine.. worked in the AM with att iphone 6s

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phones with the old carrier’s SIM cards should be turned off and the SIM cards removed in order for the port process to be completely transferred to the new SIM card on the Verizon Wireless network. If you haven't done that, no wonder you are having trouble receiving everything on the new SIM cards. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this was addressed. Did you try any troubleshooting with your device? Were you able to receive text messages? Are all your services working? 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
joeydiamond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Do I need to start a new thread?

I *can* receive short code texts on my phone. However, on the Windows desktop app, this isn't consistent. Specific examples: I do receive texts from Amazon, but not from eBay. Both send from 6-digit numbers, if that matters. On the web version, I don't receive them at all, but that's okay, I rarely use it. I logged in to my account only as a test, so that my description hopefully covers all the bases.

Sometimes I don't have my phone next to me, so I'd like the Windows app to work consistently.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joeydiamond, we can help ensure there's no blocks for this and that you receive all your necessary short code text messages. We've sent you a private message to further assist with this.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes