Ringtone or other identifier for forwarded calls
maddyurken

I forwarded all calls from one of my phones to another.  I want to be able to tell when a call is coming in from the other phone. How can I make that happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtone or other identifier for forwarded calls
Sean_K_Ching
Enthusiast - Level 3

One way is to add your old phone to your new phone’s contact list. From there, go into your contacts app and edit contacts. Scroll down to ringtones. Normally, it says “default” but here you can specify the ringtone you want to hear when your old phone calls your new phone. Hope that helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maddyurken, we completely understand how important it is to determine who’s contacting you. While call forwarding is activated, the phone number that’s receiving the forwarded calls will still see the original caller’s phone number on their Caller ID. Because of this technology, there’s not a specific way to view if your incoming call was a forwarded call or they’re just dialing your number directly when you’re in that exact moment.

One way to help determine if calls were forwarded is by checking My Verizon for the usage details on the line that has the call forwarding service enabled. In the usage details, you’ll have more information to advise whether the call was an incoming call, outgoing call, or a forwarded call. You can sign into your My Verizon account and check your usage details at https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.verizonwi...

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
maddyurken

Perfect!

Thanks,

Maddy [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes