Shipping Date
ARSQUATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did anyone anticipate the demand on the new Iphone?  Just curious as it seems the shipping date things are terrible right now, as I had ordered mine (iphone 7 plus 32 GB) beginning of October with a ship by date of 11/16.  So now I get these emails:  "Goodbye, old phone.  Hello, iPhone."  We know you're eager to get your new iPhone, so we've made it easy for you to track your order.  Plus here are some helpful tips on what to do while you wait.

Check order status >

Then my order number.  NOTHING HAS CHANGED, so why send me the email?

I even inquired this morning, it still says processing this is a tad silly that you send this stuff with no changes to the order.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shipping Date
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

ARSQUATCH, I understand that the email we sent out can be frustrating when you are waiting for an update. The reason that was sent is to make things easier for you when you get the alert that your phone is ready to ship. You'll know exactly where to go to check for it.  

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ARSQUATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I get that.  But at best you have two to three days to wait for it to arrive in the first place.  Even if you over night, you still have time.  Send it then, not when there is no change to an order that well is playing out for a long period, kind of silly.

Thanks

shlscam
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting!! Haven't received any emails like that.  I wonder if anyone else has.

0 Likes
ybjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

shlscam​ i received the same email as OP a few days after ordering. I ordered the gold 256gb 7+ on the 17th of this month, and have an EDD of 11/09. When I received that email, I THOUGHT it was the shipping info, but it was not, and I was thoroughly dissapointed lol. Haven't received anything else since then.

0 Likes
shlscam
Contributor - Level 1

I swear they like toying with our emotions   

0 Likes
ARSQUATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know, I have to agree.  I cannot believe the lack of shpiping time information provided to a customer.  We have this arbitray date sometime in the future. Oh if you ask, we are going to tell you "many people are receiving their units way in advance, they are barely waiting...." Or my favorite:  "Don't worry you will have it in no time....." Oh but, in the mean time, let us send you all these hopeful emails as I was told this morning, were "for marketing" to have you thinking it's early.  Gee thanks verizon, I appreciate it.... 

ARSQUATCH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I just checked my order status, guess what?  Yep, you guess it NO CHANGE.  I guess that means, due to my questions, and less than stellar feelings toward their "marketing emails" more than likely more order will be the one that is longer than the projected date.  I would not be shocked. 

0 Likes