Signal bar says searching...
javi27

I recently dropped my phone and nothing seemed to be wrong it still worked and everything. Calls came through and everything. All of a sudden the signal bar at the top left corner switched to searching... and has not changed since. I can not receive calls or texts as well as call. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal bar says searching...
deloused
Master - Level 3

The phone‘s hardware may be broken, or the SIM card/slot could have come loose

0 Likes
javi27

I tried rearranging the sim card and nothing. Is it expensive to fix the hardware? And do you know if Verizon works on phone or if I have to send it to apple. The screen also is super hot whenever I turn it on. The battery drains like crazy. I also got a purple-pink spot on the screen. Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to learn that your device is not working after being dropped. I know that having a device not work can be frustrating. Thank you for trying the steps with the SIM card. Does the device show any physical damage, and since you notice the spot on the screen has it gotten bigger? Try this on the phone, go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. This will now erase any personal data, it will erase saved WiFi networks though. Let us know how that works. Thanks. 

Roger_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

we want you to have a working phone as soon as possible since we know how tough it is to be without a working phone. Allow us to be on the same page to provide the best resolution possible, please tell us more, do you see any physical damage on the device? Any water damage?

Victor_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes