Skype or WebEx can't call my phone
melparsi

I live in South Carolina and went to Maryland for a month.  When I returned, using Skype or WebEx for work conferencing would often result in my iPhone 7 not getting a call even though the conferencing app indicated it was calling me.  Sometimes the call would happen without an issue and sometimes the call would go to my voice mail.  I have no issues calling out.  My VPN also stopped working.  Any idea what could be causing that?  Thanks in advance.        -Jay

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Skype or WebEx can't call my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that your device is no longer working as needed. I would be concerned if this were to happen as well. With regard to your device has there been any recent updates on your phone? What steps have you completed so far regarding the device issue that you are experiencing? 

0 Likes
melparsi

Hi, there have been no updates or changes, i.e. new software install or removal or legacy software.  The problem continues.  Others tell me they can see I am trying to get on a Skype or WebEx bridge and sometimes it goes to my voicemail and sometimes nothing happens.  On my end, sometimes I get lucky and the call comes through and sometimes I have to resort to computer audio (headset) to participate and can't rely on my phone.  My phone also has recently started dropping these calls.  I have not changed anything with respect to notifications or call forwarding or anything of the sort.  I tried calling Verizon a couple of times but could not get through due to large call volume.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details provided, melparsi. Are you able to connect to data and access other applications on your phone without an issue? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone?

0 Likes
melparsi

Yes, I have no issues with any other apps, accessing data, going to websites, calling out, etc.  I access Skype or WebEx from my laptop and on those apps they have my cell phone and when I initiate a call, which have done many times, my cell is automatically called.  But sometimes the calls don't come to my cell phone at all and sometimes the calls go to my voicemail.  But that is not always.  Sometimes the call comes through without a hitch.   There is no predictable pattern to this behavior.  There is also no related app on my cell phone, so there is nothing to uninstall.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@melparsi wrote:

Yes, I have no issues with any other apps, accessing data, going to websites, calling out, etc.  I access Skype or WebEx from my laptop and on those apps they have my cell phone and when I initiate a call, which have done many times, my cell is automatically called.  But sometimes the calls don't come to my cell phone at all and sometimes the calls go to my voicemail.  But that is not always.  Sometimes the call comes through without a hitch.   There is no predictable pattern to this behavior.  There is also no related app on my cell phone, so there is nothing to uninstall.  Thanks.

Have you opened tech support cases with Skype and/or WebEx to have them troubleshoot from their end, since it's their servers/bridges initiating the calls?  They might be able to assist with what they see when calls fail.  It could be there are intermittent routing issues from their servers to your number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info. Let's continue working together. Are you experiencing the service issues while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? What's the make/model of your phone? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
melparsi

Hi, I'm only indoors when I am receiving these calls, working from my home office.  My phone is the last phone I purchased from Verizon, an iPhone 7 Plus, iOS is pre-14.0.1.  I am getting ready to update to that version today.  I won't know if it will make any difference until Monday when I am back to work.  If it improves, I will post an update to this forum.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello melparsi,

Please let us know the results after updating your phone. Also, please take note of the signal you are getting on the phone when the expected call does not come through.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes