Upgraded to iPhone 7 from note online, calls & emails not going to iPhone?
MamaRash

I bought an iPhone 7 online from best buy, did all the steps to transfer contacts, pictures etc. from my Note.

I'm not receiving calls & emails on my iPhone, they still go to my Note. I'm only receiving text messages on the iPhone, what did I do wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to iPhone 7 from note online, calls & emails not going to iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
MamaRash

I guess not,I was under the impression when I put in the Verizon chip that it would do that automatically. What do I need to do to activate it on my line? It was an upgrade that I didn’t buy through Verizon, but bought online with Best Buy, unsure if that makes a difference?!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that you can activate the new phone online from your Verizon Wireless account. Verizon Wireless customer service should be able to assist in the process as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries at all, MamaRash. We want to ensure the new device is properly activated. You are correct, placing the SIM card in the new phone will get it activated, but you do need to make sure the old phone is completely powered off.

It will confuse the network if it sees two different devices with the same phone number. Does that make sense?

Please power the Note off and you may need to also power the new iPhone off/on and try it again. Let us know if that works for you. We have a great video https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-activate-device-video/ that will also help you with this process. 

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes