Upgrading iphone 7 while receiving promo credit
rmdav

Hi,

I currently have an iphone 7 plus on my account. It is under a device payment plan and I'm receiving monthly promo credit for trading in my old phone (24 month period).

My question is what happens if i pay off my iphone 7 plus and use it to trade in for the new iphone? Do I continue receiving the promo credit for the phone i had traded in? and will i also start receiving promo credit for the iphone 7 i traded in?

Thank you for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading iphone 7 while receiving promo credit
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You forfeit any bill credits you haven't received yet if you trade-in the device for which you are getting the credits on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You forfeit any bill credits you haven't received yet if you trade-in the device for which you are getting the credits on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rmdav

What if i sell the phone elsewhere, but continue to make the payments through Verizon and receive the promo credits?

I'm trying to find a way to get into the new iphone by selling the iphone i already have, without losing the promo credit for the phone i traded in.

I find it weird that I would forfeit any remaining promo credit, especially since I gave them my old phone and since I would be paying off my current phone anyways.

I feel like i was tricked into a "2 year contract" by receiving the promo credit over 24 months.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can sell the phone elsewhere, but you can't start a new device payment agreement without paying off the entire remaining balance of the existing device payment agreement. The promotional credits require you to make the payments over 24 months in order to get the full credit amount. If you want to keep getting your current credits you have to keep paying the current device payment agreement. For you to get a new phone, you would have to pay full retail price in one lump sum from Verizon Wireless or purchase directly from Apple.

0 Likes