Verizon Messages displays 343 messages notification
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have no unread text messages.  However the Verizon Messages App desktop icon shows 343.  When I open the app, the 343 notification goes away.  As soon I receive another text, it displays 343.  This is on a iPhone 7 with iMessage disabled.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages displays 343 messages notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rbiowa, it's important that the messaging application sets the right expectations when it comes to notifying you of new messages. Did you recently update the software on your device? Did update the software for that Verizon Messaging application? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started?

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

The answers to your questions are:

• Device is running the most current version of iOS
  • Device is running the most current version of Verizon Messages +
  • Device has been powered on and off a number of times since this has occurred

Still looking for a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is completely odd rbiowa. We want you to be able to use your phone without the added notifications. Have you attempted to uninstall the Verizon Messages app and then re-install it at all?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  This is also occurring in my two iPads.

Ron [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that trouble-shooting step rbiowa. I'm sorry that its occurring on both your ipads.Is the software updated on all your devices?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes

Ron [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rbiowa, thanks for your patience. I know this has to be frustrating to deal with. Although you are using Verizon Messages you still have a default messaging app through Apple. When you go into that application do you see notifications? Have you recently made any changes to your phone or account?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I see them in iMessages when I have notifications for the app turned on. The number is correct. No changes to phone our account.

Ron Bendell

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rbiowa,

I appreciate everything you have tried so far. We want to make sure we are on the same page. When you go to the stock messages app on your phone, does it show unread messages? Do your devices always show 343 unread messages or does this value fluctuate? What happens when you uninstall the app from all of your devices and then add it back one device at a time?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes