Visual voicemail not working after a SIM card switch from Pixel 2 to iPhone 7
JOHMEI13

Recently purchased a Pixel 2 and used SIM card from existing iphone 7 to activate the phone. Decided to go back to the iPhone and put the same card back in the iPhone and reactivated...no issues there. However, when a call is received and goes to voicemail I receive a text message that is unintelligible and does not link to the voicemail. Also, I can only access voicemail by dialing into my inbox using a PIN. I also have no option to setup the native Apple VVM - voicemail app only shows “call voicemail”.  Have gone through all the recommended procedures to correct (cellular data is working, hard reset of phone, reset Network settings, calling phone and leaving a message, etc.) Am running iOS 11.1 with latest available carrier settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail not working after a SIM card switch from Pixel 2 to iPhone 7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHNEI13,

Sounds like you've been through the ringer with getting your voicemails back up and running. I apologize for all of the trouble. You've done a lot of really great steps. All of which we would ask you to do. What I would recommend doing, is reach out to Apple. Voicemail on iPhones go over their voicemail platform, not ours. You can reach them at https://support.apple.com/

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail not working after a SIM card switch from Pixel 2 to iPhone 7
deloused
Master - Level 3

Does resetting the network settings on your iPhone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHMEI13, we definitely want to do everything in our power to get your visual voicemail systems back in service. While the iPhone does use its own voicemail platform from Apple, there are still some key components that we'd like to verify. Let's make sure that we're covering all of our bases here.

The visual voicemail is reliant on data connectivity. If you disable Wi-Fi from your phone and open Safari to visit a new website, does the page load correctly? Also, may we ask if the visual voicemail service was originally working as intended on your iPhone 7 prior to the SIM card being used on the Pixel 2?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nileshdang

0 Likes