Visual voicemail
benerofe1

I set up new line for a family member, on a new iPhone. Now some of my two year old voicemails are on her voicemail list. How did that happen? She has a different phone number than I do (obviously). If I delete the voicemails from her visual voicemail list, will I not have access to them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you setup the phone with the person's own Apple ID account or did you use your Apple ID account? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
benerofe1

Their own Apple ID. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

benerofe1, 

I can certainly see why you would be alarmed to have your voicemails showing on your new family member's number. We are here to help, and we want to figure out why this happened. It is helpful to know that she was set up with her own Apple ID. Did you set up a completely new number for her, or did you use an existing number on your account? Has this happened with any other phones on your plan? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
benerofe1

A completely new number.

No, it didn’t happen with the other number on the account.

Also, the voicemails were from two years ago, and they were all within a very specific date range. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This seems odd, benefore1. I want to take a step back. Was this a brand new iPhone that was recently purchased? Or was this iPhone activated on your line before in the past and you gave it to your family member to use? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes