What are my options for getting an IPhone 7plus if I currently have an iPhone 5 and am under prepaid. Is there any payment options to upgrade my phone or switch over to another Verizon plan?
cathy42273

Can I upgrade to an Iphone 7plus if I'm under prepaid? I need a new phone but want to make payments on it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What are my options for getting an IPhone 7plus if I currently have an iPhone 5 and am under prepaid. Is there any payment options to upgrade my phone or switch over to another Verizon plan?
mama23dogs
Legend

Do the math.  Postpaid is worth while for families who share data plans.  For single lines, Verizon prepaid can't be beat.

You should know what it will cost.

Prepaid $50 plan with 5 gigs of data .  And you pay Apple 1/24th of the phone cost each month.

OR

$20 line fee and $50 for 4 gigs of data, plus 1/24th of the phone cost each month.

So yuo pay $20 more for service and 1 gig less data. 

No matter which choice, you pay the same for the phone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What are my options for getting an IPhone 7plus if I currently have an iPhone 5 and am under prepaid. Is there any payment options to upgrade my phone or switch over to another Verizon plan?
mama23dogs
Legend

Apple has their own payment plan, which would mean you can keep the cheaper prepaid plan with Verizon. 

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple

You do not have to upgrade every year.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid will require you to pay full retail price in one lump sum to get the iPhone 7 Plus.  You could switch to a postpaid account with the Verizon Plan and then you would be able to purchase the phone on the DPP agreement which spreads the full retail price of the phone over 24 months.  If you cancel the account before the 24 months was completed you are required to pay of the remaining balance of the device purchase agreement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cathy42273

Perfect does anyone know how I can make the change from the prepaid to the plan where I can make payments?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Do the math.  Postpaid is worth while for families who share data plans.  For single lines, Verizon prepaid can't be beat.

You should know what it will cost.

Prepaid $50 plan with 5 gigs of data .  And you pay Apple 1/24th of the phone cost each month.

OR

$20 line fee and $50 for 4 gigs of data, plus 1/24th of the phone cost each month.

So yuo pay $20 more for service and 1 gig less data. 

No matter which choice, you pay the same for the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chennig, we want to help make the transition from prepaid to postpay as easy as possible. For assistance with this change, you can reach our Sales Professionals at 888-924-7937.

MarkP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes