What is the Strange App?
Running-with-scissors

I recently noticed an app called "SpringBoard" on my iPhone-7.  It appears in only one location, Settings > Cellular, and I can allow or deny cellular usage.  I did some searching on the Apple web site but couldn't locate any information.  I don't know for fact but I believe that it first appeared with IOS-11.

1.  What is it and what does it do?

2.  Should I care if it has cellular access?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange App
mama23dogs
Legend

As I wrote, it’s the launcher for the Apple Watch.

How To Install Apple Watch SpringBoard On iPhone - YouTube

It would be Auto installed with recent update

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Look it up in the App Store.  It’s the launcher for the Apple watch

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help Running-with-scissors. I know how important it is to be familiar with all the apps on your phone.

I also researched this and was unable to find any information regarding the that app appearing on the iPhone 7 after the recent software update. I also have an iPhone with the latest software version, but do not have that app.

Did you try looking up the app on the App Store to see if there was more details regarding this app, as suggested by your fellow community member? If you are unable to find any details regarding the app, I suggest contacting Apple directly for further assistance. They can be reached by phone at 800-692-7753.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

As I wrote, it’s the launcher for the Apple Watch.

How To Install Apple Watch SpringBoard On iPhone - YouTube

It would be Auto installed with recent update

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you don't have the watch I would not give it any permission to anything on the phone.

0 Likes