Why Isn't There Better Communication About The Trade-In Promo?
SK121_2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's language around the trade up program is ambiguous at best and deceptive at worst.  How is it ok to take someone's old iphone 6 and promise them a $650 trade in credit when they get an Iphone 7 but then a year later if they decide to upgrade to Iphone X or Iphone 8 they forfeit the balance of the credit EVEN if they are going to continue on installments with no interruption??

Verizon is shorting their customers that turned in prior iphones a year ago!  This needs to be better understood and communicated so people can make better decisions about trade ins or sales of their Iphone 7.  They are getting your old hardware at a trade in value less than what they promised and you are essentially paying more than someone who never traded in their device in the first place.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Annual upgrade after iPhone 7 $0 trade-in promo
rcschnoor
Legend

SK121_2000 wrote:

Verizon's language around the trade up program is ambiguous at best and deceptive at worst. How is it ok to take someone's old iphone 6 and promise them a $650 trade in credit when they get an Iphone 7 but then a year later if they decide to upgrade to Iphone X or Iphone 8 they forfeit the balance of the credit EVEN if they are going to continue on installments with no interruption??

Because those are the terms of the credit??? You receive the credit in monthly installments AS LONG as you are making monthly payments on the phone. If YOU choose to trade in your phone(iPhone 7) and as a result don't have to make any more monthly installments on that phone, you will get no more monthly credits since you are no longer making monthly payments on that device. Not sure why this is hard to understand. If you don't like the terms, don't sign up for the promotion.

SK121_2000 wrote:

Verizon is shorting their customers that turned in prior iphones a year ago! This needs to be better understood and communicated so people can make better decisions about trade ins or sales of their Iphone 7. They are getting your old hardware at a trade in value less than what they promised and you are essentially paying more than someone who never traded in their device in the first place.

No, those were the terms when the promotion was introduced. Those are still the terms. Possibly it needs to be better "understood", but it was communicated when the promo was running as evidenced by the posts in this thread even further trying to explain it a year ago. I was pointing out when these "annual upgrades" started that you are CHOOSING to pay half the cost of the phone just to BORROW that phone for a year and must return it in pristine condition. I don't understand how ANYONE can think that is a good deal. You would do better by paying the device off in full, selling it yourself and then purchasing a new device if you "need" a new phone every year. I think these "annual upgrades" were a bad deal when they first started and I STILL think they are a bad deal. It appears that SOME people who chose to sign up for this annual upgrade idea NOW think it is a bad deal. I'm not surprised, but you WILL pay a premium if you get a new phone EVERY YEAR. That is a choice YOU have made, though. No one forced you to do so.

Re: Why Isn't There Better Communication About The Trade-In Promo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SK121_2000,

We always want our promotion details to be crystal clear. Sorry to hear that this did not happen on your recent trade-in and we apologize for any confusion. Typically most VZW Trade-in credit promotions will appear as monthly credits on your Verizon bill issued over 24 months https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-payment-faqs . We want to ensure that you receive the best value for your iPhone 8 or iPhone X. The first option would be the annual iPhone trade-in program, click here for details https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/annual-upgrade-program-for-iphone-faqs/. The second option would be the current iPhone X promotion https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-x-promo-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=trade-in%20p* . Lastly, would be the current iPhone 8 and 8 Plus promotion https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-8/?intcmp=INT-SITESEARCH-REDIRECT-APPLE-IPH..., click on the red promotion tag. You mentioned a few promtions in this post and I want to review your $650 trade-in pomotion. I have sent you a direct message, please respond to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW 

0 Likes