Re: Why can't I send pictures to non iPhone users?
titanhugo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been on the phone for nearly 3 hours today to fix this pucture message issue. 

It appears they do not know what causes it nor how to fix it. 

Device: iPhone XS Max9668I have tried: restarting my phone, resetting network settings, resetting all settings, took the sim card out and in, turning iMessage off then trying to send a picture message, turning iMessage on then trying to send a picture message, turning Send as MMS off then trying to send..., turning Send as SMS on then trying to send. 

AdamK1

I cannot send pictures to a iPhone with wifi turned on with there phone they have to be in lte to get the picture. I'm using a pixel 3 xl and I can't edit the apn and looks like it says MMS is turned off in the settings. Had this been resolved?

0 Likes
Maria205
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had this problem since my son got rid of his iPhone and switched to an Android. Tried all the advice. Made sure MMS was turned on, data turned on wifi and iMessages turned off. Still can't send my son messages. Except.....a week or so ago I was in Canada. There, while Iwas on the Bell or Rogers or Telus network (I can't remember which network I was on at the time.), I got a picture to go through no problem. I'm not sure exactly what the settings were at the time, but I'm pretty sure I was not on a wifi network at the time. This makes me think it's a Verizon network problem, not an iPhone problem. Also, I only seem to have this problem with my son's phone (who is also on Verizon network) not others who have Android phones. Super frustrating!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see you are having issues sending MMS to your son's phone, Maria205. Have you tried a network settings reset? If not, you can use the following link for the steps:http://spr.ly/66051B07h.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
mspig

I have been having the same problem for years and have never found a fix.  I cannot send or recieve pictures or group texts to non-iphone users.  I don't get any group messages at all if even one person on that group text doesn't have an iPhone.  I have tried all of the network resets and different settings with no luck.. Please help!

Also, it might be worth noting that my cell number is a company number that I had transfered to my new company from my previous employer.  I had the issue with the previous company and it continued to happen at my new company.  Other people at my new company do not have this same issue.  This makes me think that this is a Verizon issue, not an iphone issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnnaG and mspig, I totally get how valuable having these features are. I am sad to hear you are experiencing issues. No worries, we can definitely do some troubleshooting to get this resolve. Try following the steps in the link below to see if this will resolve the issue. Let us know what happens. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
mfreetofly67
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is definitely a Verizon problem. I recently switched from T-Mobile where I was able to send and receive text messages to both Android and Iphone but ever since I switched to Verizon I can't anymore. I have tried all the settings listed on this thread to no avail. I also cannot send a group message (even with no picture) if one of the people is on Android. I have the Iphone XR. If this can't be resolved I might have to go to AT&T next. I switched to Verizon so I would have service when I travel abroad.  Please find a solution to this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mfreetofly67, it saddens us to see that you are thinking of leaving us and we want to turn those feelings around. We see that you've been experiencing issues with picture messages on your device. I have an iPhone Xs Max and I don't seem to have those issues at all. Let's work together to find out what is going on. Apple has released a few updates lately. Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Does this happen when you are on and off Wi-Fi?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Yankees3rule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve read every comment here and it’s a VERIZON ISSUE not a phone issue.  I have a Verizon iPhone with the same issue I also have a T-mobile iPhone ZERO issues.  This has been a problem from day one and I’ll be ending my Verizon service in August.  It’s quite clear VERIZON is not acknowledging the fact the problem is on their end.  One phone fine probably the phone...many phones bigger issue.

Enthusiast - Level 1

SWITCH THE SMS/MMS ON AND OFF SEVERAL TIMES TI FIX TJUS PROBLEM 

Jking
0 Likes