Why doesn't Verizon support understand the "No Service" issue and no cost solutions?
JOEMP

I have had repetitive problems with my cellular service.  I commonly get a message "No Service" when I'm in a solid service area.  I also get an occasional message "Cellular Update Failed".  I took my iPhone 7 to the Verizon Store.  They said there has been a common problem of late.  They said I had two options.  Upgrade to the iPhone XR for $27/month or use my insurance and get a recertified iPhone 7 for $150.

Sadly, Verizon personnel did not inform me of the best option.  Take it to Best Buy or the iPhone Store and have it fixed for free.  Realize that only some iPhone 7 models qualify for the free repair, but mine did.  Had I not taken the time to come home and research the problem on my own, I would not have found this option and would have been out $150 or $650 with an upgrade.  Beware.

Here is the Apple reference:  iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Here is Verizon referencing the problem even though their service people did not know of this: Apple Article - No Service: Apple iPhone 7 | Verizon Wireless

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon support understand the "No Service" issue and no cost solutions?
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee

JOEMP,

I would like to take a minute and apologize that you have had to go through all of this. You should always receive top-notch customer service at all times. I am sorry this did not occur with your store experience. I am glad to hear you were able to get this resolved. You did take the correct course of action with this known issue. Please know we are always available for support through Facebook (Verizon) or Twitter (VZWSupport) as well as online chat at vzw.com if you ever come across anything else.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes